Self Drive Tours Botswana
As a specialist tour operator offering bespoke self drive tours that best meet the needs of individual travelers we want you to know that we respect the privacy of personal information. This policy details how we will manage the personal data that you supply or we collect from you in accordance with Botswana Data Protection legislation
Information we collect from you:
- Information you provide us via website, phone or email such as name, address, phone number, email address, other electronic contacts such as whatsapp etc and particular interests/ special requirements
- Additional information on the booking form when confirming a holiday with us that may include details of all travellers in your party, including full name, date of birth, nationality, dietary requirements and any other special requirements and if necessary passport information. (NB Botswana citizens and travellers alike are occasionally asked for identity numbers in the course of day to day activities). Your Covid 19 vaccination status may be required to secure some accommodation bookings
- Records of financial transactions relating to your holiday such as deposit and subsequent payments
- When you visit our website we collect information about your visit using cookies.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Why and how we will use the information about you:
We will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To respond to an enquiry you have made
- To book your holiday with accommodation and tourists operators as requested
- To provide you with information relating to your holiday or that we think will interest you based on your enquiries
- To improve our website and customer service
- In exceptional circumstances we may be required to pass on specific information about you in response to requests from law enforcement agencies. We will only provide the information required
- We will not pass your data to any third parties
- We have procedures in place to ensure the secure storage of personal information
How long we keep your data
We are required to keep details on all holidays for 7 years in order to comply with tax law and undertake a subsequent data clearance.
We may keep your anonymous feedback on our website indefinitely. Your information which we use for marketing purposes will be kept until you indicate you no longer wish to receive it.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Comments left on the website may be checked through an automated spam detection service.